“Sleep is the best meditation.” ~Dalai Lama
Explore the realms beyond the physical world with this app or mp3 album
The sleep album is something that people have been requesting from me for some time. Once Jeff Bridges released a sleep tape, I knew its time had come. While Jeff’s album is somewhat comical, and I had trouble falling asleep because I was too busy laughing, the Guided Meditation Treks Sleep Album is meant to fulfill a purpose.
- The first purpose is to help you to fall asleep. The album (and app) has two tracks to do this: “Sleep” and “Sleep 2.” Both of these tracks use spoken word along with binaural beats and nature sounds to ease you into a restful deep sleep. Each one does it in a slightly different way.
- The second purpose is to help you achieve a lucid dreaming state or out of body experience (OBE). The “Dream” track is meant to be played in the middle of the night and includes a wealth of tips as well as a meditation to ease you directly into a lucid dream or OBE state.
- The third purpose is to help you take a nap. The “Nap” track is meant to be played during the day, when you have either 20 minutes, 90 minutes, or 3 hours for a nap. This track will play throughout your nap and wake up you at the end, easing you back into your day.
- Also, the iOS version of the app includes some features not included in the album. You can listen to the nature tracks by themselves, as well as listen to a pair of binaural beats tracks without spoken word to ease you into a deep sleep state with delta waves or into a relaxed state with theta waves.
- The iOS app also includes a short introduction to sleep hygiene and how to use the app. This introduction is shown below as a preview to the app!